Complain About A Solicitor

If you are not happy with the services of your solicitor or legal advisor, the first step is to follow their complaints procedure. Ask them for a copy of their complaints procedure. This should tell you how to complain and how they will deal with it.

If your solicitor does not respond to your complaint within 8 weeks or if you are unhappy with their response, the next step is to contact the Legal Ombudsman. They are an independent organisation who will look at your complaint in a fair way, they will not take sides.