We're here to help Tenants with their legal problems
Over a third of properties in England in Wales are rented and just over half of those are properties are owned by private landlords (2011 Census data). That's over 4.2m households. Even though the majority of landlords treat their tenants fairly and abide by the law, there are some who are unscrupulous and treat their tenants badly. If you are unlucky enough to have one of these as your landlord, it's vital to know your rights. Many tenants don't realise that landlords have responsibilities towards them and even when they do, sometimes they are too scared to question them or complain for fear of eviction. If you're one of these tenants and have a problem you need to discuss, we're here to help.
Make A Free Enquiry
We are here to help you. To make a free, no obligation enquiry please call us on 01935 823883 or complete a Free Online Enquiry and we will soon be in touch with you.
Problems facing Tenants
- You don’t know what type of tenancy agreement you have, an assured tenancy or an assured shorthold tenancy
- You’re not sure if your deposit is protected or you’re having trouble getting the deposit back from your landlord.
- There are defects at the property and you’re unsure who is responsible for remedying them
- Your property requires repairs and you don’t think they can be carried out with you living there
- Your landlord is ignoring your tenant rights and is harassing you and you don’t where to turn
- Your landlord wants to end your tenancy and you don’t know if he is allowed to.
Please see below for more information on some questions tenants may need answering